<CT> LFN, Perl5 and, er, who?

  • From: "Pete Morris" <petemorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 21:43:10 +0100

Thanks for the welcome, Glenn.

Three questions spring up; two for the list, and one for Glenn:

1) I've just upgraded the Tosh to Calmira II 3.12. Great stuff, but there's
a tantalising, greyed-out dialog in the Calmira Setup. Has anyone got a date
for the release of the version with LFN? You can imagine the difference that
would make to someone running two machines, one with 'Doze98 and a partner
with Win16/Calmira.

2) Has anyone tried using Perl5 under Win16/Win32s/Calmira? The Tosh has no
CD drive, and I don't want to waste the effort of zipping it over by
floppies.

3) Glenn - I've racked my brains, mail client, Yahoo!Groups and I can't
place you... you're not a Perl Monk either. Unless - Are you a Smalltalker?
Do you ride an RD? I can't see too much of your site, the Java fills my
browser with concrete (the quick-setting variety). I'll prolly feel real
stupid when I recognise you...

Anyhow, I had to do a raw install of Calmira3.1/3.12 lunchtime, as an
attempted upgrade munged the icon list beyond reasonable repair. Gotta
rebuild my Taskbar and Menu tree ;^)

Later, Pete.
Pete Morris   -    +44(0)7887 963788
www.holmdown.btinternet.co.uk/pete.htm