<CT> Calmira running under ??

  • From: Tim Klassen <tklassen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 23:02:26 -0800

Hi:

I usually don't respond much to this group, but I am still a subscriber
because I've use Calmira for many years and thought it was a fabulous
program!  But like many past users I became frustrated trying to find ways
to make Win 3.1 work with new hardware.  What I would like to hear is
success stories of Calmarians finding ways to run WFWG within another
operating system -- in fact doing it this way may be the only way.  For
instance, I have hardware that, as far as I know, would impossible to run
Win 3.1 with.  Most my equipment uses USB ports now -- mouse, keyboard,
etc.  Bob's email gave me hope that I could revive Calmara again.  I'm a
little hesitant to start learning Linux, but if I heard that it is simple
to use Win31 & and almost all other current window program under it, I
would give it a try.

I've seen the response to Calmira fading, and possibly our focus and
discussion should be on how it can be run under (or within) other
systems.  I personally would like to know of any success stories that
anyone has had using Calimra within current new computers.  Bob, I'm
wondering in your situation, when you setup the Bochs emulator under
Linux, how much hardware were you able to get working with Win 3.1? Could
I use my usb mouse/keyboard?

    - Tim