<CT> Calmira 3.11

  • From: "Ross Nelson" <coutcin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 17:15:22 -0600

3.1 was revolutional, 3.11 was basically the same but better.  I think you
should add a few semi-major options to 3.11 to follow the Windows tradition
(stop there though...600+Mb (Win95) Calmira is not wanted).  One feature
that I read on the suggestions page was making the Desktop an actual folder
like in Win9x+..I think that's a good idea, and maybe the Start Menu
(although it works great as is).  I think being able to put folders on there
would be useful.  Also, if a variable ( %caldesktop% or something ) could be
set, installation programs could be set to add an alias there
programatically somehow.  It'd be really useful.

Just my non-helpful-to-the-development-of-Calmira-2-cents.

Ross