<CT> Cal311up

  • From: dozmic@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 11:18:01 GMT+01:00

Hi all. Just wanna report a bug in the new Calmira. I love the newest update,
but one problem is so annoying that I had to revert back to version 3.1.

Ok, the problem is thus: I had Calmira version 3.1 - I had delayed the upgrade
to 3.11 due to my (overly)) cautious nature. I wanted to let some bugs be found
before I downloaded.

I thought that perhaps the major problems were perhaps apparent. But,
unfortunately there is a problem with the descript.ion file. When ever I tried
to add a description, I had error messages saying that Calmira was unable to
create descript.ion.

I also was unable to delete or change the attributes (it was no longer hidden).
Not a nice feeling when you are unable to delete something...

Then the cursor would be replaced by the hourglass, with no way of stopping it.
I had to keep exiting and reloading Calmira to fix this problem. I have a 386
with 5MB of RAM, and I use program manager as the shell.

I downloaded the cal311up.zip - should I have downloaded Calmira 3.11 first?
The instructions only said that I needed Calmira 3.1, which I did have already.
As I have program manager as the shell, I may try the beta update before the
one I downloaded. I shouldn't have any trouble with wndhooks.dll?

Apart from that and the fact that maximising the explorer window doesn't fit
over the taskbar, I love Calmira and intend to use it for a long time.

If anyone out there could help me?

Thanks, Dominic.