<CT> <CT>Win3.1, 3.11, WFWGs, etc

  • From: "Hilary" <healing@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "calmira tips digest" <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 08:17:17 -0600

Dear Billy, Ross, Christina, and Stephen
>>Concerning resource expanders (program(me)s promising to expand the resource
heaps) such as those coming with Hurricane or QEMM97: I've
tried 2 or 3 of them, but _all_ of them caused strange problems - with>>

<<You can download the update from 3.1 to 3.11, but it's not a big improvement
(some bugfixes). Windows for Workgroups 3.11, however, has
some advantages, such as 32 bit file access (it gains much more than 32
bit _disk_ access, which can even _de_crease performance in some cases)>>

Thanks so much for answering my question so completely. If I get the gist of
it, I think you're telling me- "if it ain't crashed, don' fix it"
My 486DX 33-66hz 20mgs ram  has behaved quite well for the last 6 yrs. It
crashes only when my shaky graphics program gets too much for it, and since I
put IE 5 on it.
 I have used WIN 98on another machine(but without the updated WIN version) and
it stunk!!! I don't have more than 1 computer in my office at home, so...and I
don't care to have my screen look like WIN 9x. so...
I have dreams-
               yes,           ... it's true...
My own little website, one day-
my little e-business, little e-accounts running around.
          ....real-time video communications....maybe even web-casting 1x/week
or so....
But i can wait,
             yes,            I can

Thanks again Cal-community