<CT> "At last! My greatest work is completed!"

  • From: Erwin Dokter <edokter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 16:55:49 +0200

Hi gang,

Now I can truly say: The Exploreer is now Complete!

To see what I'm talking about, have a look:
http://members.home.nl/edokter/combo.gif

I spent a week or so creating a new TComboBox decsendant component
(TPathComboBox) from scratch, and it turned out quite nice; the memory
foorprint (compiled code) is only 2 KB :)

This control replaces the ancestor menu (which you get when right
clicking the system button, but you already knew that, didn't you?)

Also, the 'windows' menu (right click the title bar, shows all open icon
windows) is off to retirement. Since all icon windows show in the
taskbar, I feel this is a redundant feature. It should should reduce the
exe size and resource usage of icon windows.

...OK, I'm ducking now...

-- Erwin Dokter
   mailto:edokter@xxxxxxx
   http://members.home.nl/edokter