<CT> Associated Icons in Explorer? and other thoughts!

  • From: "Barry J. Higginbottom" <barryh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Calmira Tips <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 08:53:41

Hi Erwin

I have noticed that the files in an icon window do not display the correct
icon for an associated application.

For example my text files (.txt) which are associated with UltraEdit show
the icon from my CAD program.

In PCTools File Manager the icons display correctly.

Is this a bug or a corrupted file?
I have tried deleting imgindex.dat but that makes no difference.
Any suggestions?

======================================

On another matter, my root directory slowly fills over time with copies of
my autoxec.bat and config.sys, the copies having a sequential extension
starting from .e01

Can anyone explain this?

It a pain having to keep deleting them.

I have just installed the updated rmm.d32 file (Thanks Andy!) but had a
devil of job finding it as the original file (WG0937.EXE) appeared to be no
longer available on the Microsoft site. If M$ no longer supports Win 3.1x,
wouldn't be a good idea to have a file archive on the Calmira site for all
these M$oft update files before they all get lost forever?

Best wishes
Barry