<CT> Applet tray and calmira 3.25

  • From: david creber <d_creber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 06:31:47 -0800 (PST)

In order to have a win95 style 'connection' icon in my
applet tray, i had placed an alias of my con0001.con
file in calmira\tray.

I have just downloaded calmira 3.25 and found that the
calmira/tray folder has now been taken over by the
quicklaunch toolbar.  But i want my connection icon in
the applet tray.  Putting it in taskbar|additional
doesn't work because it's not an .exe file.
(look at the first message here:
http://www.escribe.com/software/calmiratips/m1274.html
)
I don't want to put
connection=c:\iexplore\iedial.exe
c:\iexplore\con0001.con
in the 'additional' window, because i wanted the more
recent dialup connection icon.  I suppose i could use
an icon editor to change the icon in iedial.exe to the
newer one, but this is beside the point.

Is it possible for Calmira 4 to keep the tray folder
for the applet tray and to introduce a second folder
for the quickstart toolbar?
Just a thought. I'm no expert, so maybe there is
another way round this.

Any ideas?

Dave