<CT> ADMIN: Attachments to the list

  • From: Robin Roe <roro@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Calmira_Tips <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 00:20:09 -0700 (MST)

Hi all.. :)

Yes, this is about that guy who posted the attachment to the list.
Now normally these days I don't get too uptight when someone tries
to attach something to the list, because the list is running on
Ecartis. The long-timers on the list know I used to be a real bear
about it, but now I don't have to be.

But, when that guy defiantly reposted it again by pasting it into
the body in an apparent attempt to evade Ecartis' filters, that was
a bit much. Not to mention spiteful and disrespectful.

You can be sure that he's gone from the list now, and won't be
coming back. Funny thing is, a half hour after I kicked him, he
tries resubscribing with a different email address on the same
domain (mail.ru), and from the very same IP address.. How dumb does
he think I am?

Anyway, for the benefit of the newer members and those who may not
have read the welcome letter with the list rules in it, this is the
longstanding policy on attachments:

"Most importantly, NEVER post binary data and/or attachments to the
list. This is cause for immediate removal without further warning!"

Anybody who has been on this list for long enough knows just how
much I _really_ mean this. >:-)

So folks, please don't be posting attachments to the list. If you
have something Calmira/Win31-related you must share with the group,
post it on the net and pass along the URL. Now if you post an
attachment that gets stripped by Ecartis, I'll have a word with you
but I won't kick you. But if your attachment gets past the Ecartis,
you're out of here.

Happy computing with Calmira! www.calmira.org
    Robin Roe, owner/admin/webmaster, etc
Visit  YOUR  Calmira site  at www.calmira.org