<CT> 3.1 Netscape and MS IIS 5.0

  • From: Al Hall <alhall@xxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 09:41:10 -0800

I've run into a site using MS Internet Server IIS 5.0 that
is incompatable with Win 3.1 versions of Netscape. The site
rejects header requests. According to the webmaster the
problem has something to do with Netscape's not sending
accurate header info to the server and filling in with
random data from memory. The funny thing is that the site
functions perfectly at first but after a few weeks of access
the problem occurs. This leads me to believe that one of the
files in Netscape 3.xx is being changed by the server. I've
tried deleting the .hst file but that's not it. Any ideas?