[calibrebooks] Re: The group

  • From: "Andrew Summers" <asummers112@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calibrebooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 14:29:22 +0100

Hi All,
What are people reading?

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Elizabeth Lovick
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2015 11:26 AM
To: calibrebooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [calibrebooks] Re: The group

I was away from home for a while, so not reading, but now I am home and
spending a lot of time reading, both Calibre and Audible books.

I finished The Hippopotamus by Stephen Fry yesterday. It was excellent -
very believable characters in very silly situations. The one before that
was rereading one of the Biggles books, Biggles Learns to Fly by Captain W E
Johns. As a child I loved these books, and I wanted to know what I would
think of them now. The answer was that they are just as good - so much
casual info on life in 1916 both on the ground and in the air.

Next up from Calibre is another re-read of Dorothy L Sayers book Have His
Carcase. I will probably finish my current Audible book tomorrow (or later
today if the current wind and rain keep up!!)

Liz

--
Elizabeth Lovick, Orkney, UK
http://northernlace.wordpress.com/