[calibrebooks] Re: So what is everyone reading?

  • From: <roger.south@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calibrebooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 17:54:11 -0000

I haven't had any Calibre books for over 2 weeks until today when 7 turned
up. I had with it 2 RNIB which brings my stock up to 3. Apparently the
industrial action by the post office is now over for a while but they have a
really massive back log to clear.

I have Malala on order fro some one but not sure now who. I was looking
forward to getting it but now I want it even sooner. I have just finished
reading Major Pettigrew's Last Stand which was so funny in places but with
an underlying message. He lives in a rural middle class village not far from
Hastings in East Sussex. A widower of 6 years and now 68 years old he
becomes romantically involved with the beautiful Pakistani widow who keeps
the village mini market. The reaction and prejudice of the locals and family
down to him almost being forced to leave the exclusive golf club is so
typical. A RNIB book but a very enjoyable read. Finished it last night so
tonight will be a Calibre, first for a long time.

Normally when a list is moved to a new host the list groans under the weight
of messages being sent testing to check if they are members yet. I've just
noticed the address of this one. I don't have to test I'm in.

Roger