[cad-linux] Re: openDWG toolkit perl wrapper: GPL?

  • From: Eric Wilhelm <ewilhelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 20:11:43 -0500

> The following was supposedly scribed by
> phrostie
> on Tuesday 27 May 2003 05:50 pm:

>licence issues seem to have always been a problem with OpenDWG.
>it seems that there is,
>what the site says,
>what the included docs say,
>and then what the reps from opendwg say.
>
>i don't pertend to understand.
>read well, ask all.

I haven't really encountered the discrepancies here, but it is my
understanding from reading the license (the one agreed to when joining) that
your level of membership determines whether you can use or distribute the
toolkit (free to use, pay to distribute.)

We won't be selling software anytime in the near future, and I imagine that
most companies which are using Perl for geometry processing won't either.  As
far as these systems go, I don't see any problem with the openDWG license.

--Eric