[cad-linux] Re: online documentation

  • From: Sagar Behere <sagar_behere@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 05:38:45 -0700 (PDT)

> on list or off, i would appreciate knowing what
> people would like to see here.

I'd like to see some documentation on the basics of
CAD program design. I know plenty of students who are
enthusiastic about writing software packages and some
of tehm are even interested in doing gpl'ed cad
programs. The thing which limits their abilities is a
lack of information on how to get started.

If someone could write a quick n' dirty guide on the
steps required to write a cad/cam software, it'd be a
great help.

The people I am talking about are mostly CS students
and don't know much about mechanical enigneering.

Just my $0.02

Sagar

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com