[cad-linux] Re: modeling kernel

  • From: "Thomas Schmidt" <thomas.schmidt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 23:55:45 +0100

Hi,

If you want something really usable and free, OpenCascade is the only real
alternative (IMHO).
OC is _really_ big (14.000 header files/classes, usually one class for each
file), but
the number core classes you need for daily use is _much_ lower. I'm using OC
as
the kernel for TomCAD, and it works just fine. I do not use its application
framework and
application interactive services, just the modelling data and algorithms.
To get started, you could look at the pdf files provided with the
distribution.

Bye,
Thomas