[cad-linux] Re: lx-viewer & DWF

  • From: "Brian Johnson" <bjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:31:48 +0000

I don't know what is going on here - but I think this is the only time Autodesk
has
shown any interest in Linux

Any chance this may indicate future versions of Acad for our favorite OS?

How long have you been monitoring this list?  You may have noticed that some of
us
have had some luck with Wine based CAD systems - but not with AutoCAD and not
without some performance issues

lee.harding@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote*:

>I'm no lawyer either, but I thought that GPL'd apps need only distribute the
>source
code derived from GPL'd components  (i.e. code writen by the author, but not the
code of other components used by the author).  If it's unclear, that's a problem
anyway I guess.