[cad-linux] Re: exoTKAD ( was : Wine ...cad- open source CAD )

  • From: keith frost <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 10:18:57 -0700 (PDT)

> Hi,
>
> I'm the "creator" of exoTKAD.

welcome!

> > For those who didn't read the previous post, the
> homepage is http://www.exotk.org
> >
> > It is true, that I am not an expert in Linux, but
> I'm quite confident that
> > I can go on working with Qt3.0.
> > I will perhaps need some help on the system tasks
> ( like rpms for example
> > ).
> >
> > BTW, Cliff Johnson, the programmer of freeDraft
> has done some rpms for exoTKAD.

i'll get them tonight.
btw, what is the status of freedraft?
Cliff was the first to point out opencascade to me
long ago, but i have not seen or heard much from him
or freedraft.  i see that below you are planning a 2D
editor, can freedraft be adapted or would it be too
much trouble to change toolkits.

> [...]
> except from the command
> > line ).
> >

> > I'm a Mechanical Engineer, but, as I took the "CAD
> programming way", I
> > don't have so much experience of using a CAD
> system.
> > So, it will be very helpfull, if we ( I mean you )
> can "compile" a
> > wish-list of the features you would like to see
> integrated in exoTKAD.
> > I'm open to all your wishes ( it doesn't mean that
> all will be integrated
> > )
> >
> > Keep also in mind that I'm on the project during
> my free time.
> > So, it can take a LONG time to have a usefull
> working version.
> >
> > Another point :
> > Do you think that some companies / individuals
> have interess making a
> > "donation" to the project ?
> > I don't want to make $$$ with exoTKAD, but I would
> like to purchase some
> > expensive programming tools to help me in the
> development of the
> > application.
> >

> > I hope you will find this project interesting, and
> I'm waiting for your
> > suggestions.
> >
> > If you try exoTKAD 0.2, feel free to drop me a
> line if you have
> > complaints, if you find bugs, etc...
> > Also, if you try to read some models and it
> doesn't work, you can send me
> > those CAD files.
> > I will try to see what's wrong, and if it doesn't
> work, I will send them
> > to the OpenCASCADE support.
> >

> > a little about me :
> > I'm Stephane Routelous, 27 years old.
> > I've done a mechanical engineer school ( ENISE )
> in Saint Etienne ( France
> > ).
> > During the 5 years of this school, I've done 2
> training periods of 6
> > months each in Matra-Datavision, working as
> pre-sales engineer for
> > OpenCASCADE.
> > After that, I've done my military service as
> engineer in the german
> > subsidiary of Matra-Datavision in Munich ( 20
> months )
> > After I get employed by a Matra-Datavison customer
> (CAD-CAM-Concept ) in
> > Berlin ( Germany ) for 2 years.
> >
> > Today, I'm living in Montreal ( Quebec, Canada ),
> and I'm working in a
> > flight simulator cie ( CAE ).
> >
> > I have more than 5 years OpenCASCADE experience,
> and I'm fluent in MFC
> > programming on Windows.
> > For exoTKAD, I've learn using Linux and Qt3.0.
> >

> > Thanks a lot.
> >

> > Stephane Routelous
> > stephane.routelous@xxxxxxxxx
> > http://www.exotk.org
> >

> > PS : if you want to send requests for exoTKAD,
> send to the list ( in order
> > to be able to compile it, and not to have 100
> times the same wishes ).
> > If you want to e-mail me directly, don't use the

=====
phrostie
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS
//www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux

http://autos.yahoo.com