[cad-linux] encouraging success

  • From: Ernie Schroder <schroder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 09:40:20 -0400

Hi All,
        I know that this is a bit off the topic of CAD, but I'm very new to
this and
I'm definitely not a coder.
        My original goal is to get Pro/Desktop working with wine. I have the
latest
codewavers-wine RPM installed on my Elx test box and the prodexpress-en.exe
install fails with a very large number of errors. Not knowing how to fix them
I decided to try another application. I tried AstroArt, a astronomy image
utility that does among other things maximum entropy deconvolution similar to
the program developed for the original Hubble Space Telescope to fix images
that were unclear due to the spherical aberrations of the original system.
        I ran the install on the Elx box and it too exited with a large string
of
errors, mostly but not only: fixme:commctrl:FlatSB_SetScrollProp stub
I had also installed the application on a Win98 box, so I looked in the
Windows/system directory for commctrl.dll and coppied that to my
/.wine/fake_windows/Windows/System directory.
        I re-ran the install and although the error list was at least very
similar,
install completed and the program appears to operate as well as it does on
the Win98 box, with the exception of the scroll bars which the commctrl.dll
controls. I have yet to play with that...
        So, I guess the question is: Can I expect that adding the missing dll's
from
a windows installation to the fake.windows system dir would have the same
results for other apps? Or, is this a fluke?
--
Regards, Ernie
100% Microsoft and Intel free