[cad-linux] Re: [devel] Getting Bruno's draft to run

  • From: Bruno Postle <bruno@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: CAD Linux list <cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 14:43:25 +0100

On Fri 19-Sep-2003 at 08:15:15PM +0200, Janek Kozicki wrote:

> about FAM: WARNING: PRCS_PROJECT is not a known parameter.
> FAM.xs:11: fam.h: No such file or directory

To link against the fam library, you need to have the right header
files installed, on debian this probably means installing the
libfam-dev package.

> about Gtk:
>
> MakeMaker FATAL: prerequisites not found (Glib not installed,
> ExtUtils::Depends not installed)

Normally CPAN builds perl dependencies automatically, I have no idea
why this case is different, so you need to install two more perl
modules before you can build Gtk2:

    perl -MCPAN -e 'install Glib'
    perl -MCPAN -e 'install ExtUtils::Depends'

--
Bruno