[cad-linux] Re: database cad system

  • From: Eric Wilhelm <ewilhelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:30:39 -0500

> The following was supposedly scribed by
> Bruno Postle
> on Tuesday 24 June 2003 06:22 am:

>Oo, yes please, I could think of lots of uses for this wrapper.

It won't be for another few weeks at least.  I need to make some time and just
get it done.  I've heard back from the openDWG consortium (the wrapper uses
their toolkit) and they were receptive to hosting the distribution provided
that the licensing respects their toolkit license.

It will be a modified artistic license.  In short:  you can change, modify,
whatever the wrapper as long as you make the source (*.c, *.h) files and the
swig interface file available under the same license.  The license for the
wrapper will be independent of the toolkit (and the toolkit will have to be
obtained through openDWG and under the terms of their license.)

It currently only gives access to (mostly) 2D entities, but it is much better
than trying to generate a dxf file (and the dxf's are hard to handle with
ACAD when you get to the larger filesize (some 70,000 circles take FOREVER to
load from dxf but load from dwg in seconds.))

--Eric