[cad-linux] Re: database application scenarios

  • From: Roland Krause <rokrau@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 08:59:04 -0700 (PDT)

Ray,
if you are interested send me your user name and I make you a developer
on the project.

I am looking for people who want to help setting up the database tables
at first.

The goal is a database with tables that can represent a parametric
solid modelling kernel.

As to the "PHB" example, good (expensive) databases have features like
access control, backup and revision control built in. If the "PHB"
screws up the project, all you need to do is make sure the blame lands
on him ;-)

Roland

http://search.yahoo.com