[cad-linux] Re: database application scenarios

  • From: "Brian Johnson" <bjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 03:45:43 +0000

I think the proper response is an absolute "it depends"

How do we know what apps will be developed?

How do we know that someone who has a better/faster way to process the data
will be
willing to provide it as open source?

How do we know a lot of things?  Using SQL as a transfer method provide another
way
to get the data and in some cases it will be better (even if we're only talking
about counting how many doors are used).

As stated, it will also open up the possibility of using other db backends (some
places are stuck on Oracle for instance)