[cad-linux] Re: ayam can't find rgl and rendrib

  • From: phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 08:25:52 -0800 (PST)

i've tried it every now and then with various MDKs and more recently
Debian(Potato, Woody and Sarge).  I've never gotten it to run.
don't feel like the lone ranger.  it does look promising though.
If you do get it to run please take notes!

I'm a big fan of bmrt/renderman, but if you don't have that issue then i would
recomend looking at moonlight 3D(Adler or what ever they are calling it now) or
blender.  both have been GPLd recently.

Ayam/Mops with BMRT have been my tools of choice for 3D renders since 98 or 99.

=====