[cad-linux] Re: ayam can't find rgl and rendrib

  • From: phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 04:18:21 -0800 (PST)

the first thing you need to check is if BMRT is working stand alone.  export
the rib to a file.  and try to render that at a command line.
BMRT supplies two renders, rgl and rendrib.  rgl is a quick renderer that
ignores all of the shaders.  it does have a sketch option that i like.
rendrib is the primary tool in BMRT it's what does all the hard work.  cd to
the directory that contains the rib and at a command line run something like:
rendrib -d <file.rib>.  if you still get a "no such file or dir'" error then
you need to add the path to the bmrt binaries to the PATH statment in your
.bash_profile.

there are other options, but this is the first thing i would try.
or
2) make sym link from binaries to /usr/bin
or
3) copy the binaries to the /usr/bin

--- Honest to Goodness <h2g@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have ayam installed in /usr/local/ayam on my Mandrake 8.2 system and
> everything seems to work fine except rendering. When I hit Render or
> Quick Render in a view I get this error in the console:
> Tcl: Error! couldn't execute "rgl": no such file or directory.
> BMRT was already installed in /usr/local and ayam found and scanned the
> shaders. Does it have something to do with the temp file? Or the way
> BMRT is installed? Any help would be sure to help ...

=====
phrostie
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS
//www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux

http://mailplus.yahoo.com