[cad-linux] Re: Win4Lin and 3D-CADs

  • From: phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 05:14:43 -0700 (PDT)

Many people have reported very good success with both VMware and Win4lin.
Autocad lite, Cadkey, and a few others.  I do not use either so i can't say one
way or the other how good it is.  my understanding is that if you have the
ram(enough for linux and windows concurrently) it should work.

--- Maria Pinjanainen <seidatar@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I asked NeTraverse Support about IntelliCAD/AutoCAD.
> This is the answer I got:
>
> " We have a number of customers running AutoCAD under Win4Lin. We have not
> had any reports either way regarding IntelliCAD, but so long as it does not
> require anything Win4Lin does not support (DirectX, etc), then I expect it
> would work as well as AutoCAD does. Win4Lin currently only supports Windows
> 95, 98 and ME. "
>
> I do not know what really is the direct-x and do I need it?
> (I haven't studied that M$-language)
> But I know that I need to work with 3D.
>
> -maRia

=====
phrostie
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS
//www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux

http://sbc.yahoo.com