[cad-linux] Re: What is BRL CAD ?

  • From: phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 03:13:35 -0800 (PST)

my understanding is that it started as the inhouse cad system for the U.S. Army
Bullistic Research Labritory.  they do not use it for detail drawings, but
rather Survivability Studies.  i have long wished that they would provide the
means to extract 2D drawings from the geometry.

--- Kim Lux <lux@> wrote:

> http://ftp.arl.mil/brlcad/index.html
>
> It appears to be open source, sort of.  Kind of like EMC ?
>
> Kim

=====
phrostie
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS
//www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux

http://mailplus.yahoo.com