[cad-linux] Re: Welcome to CAD-LINUX

  • From: phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:17:38 -0800 (PST)

cool bike!  we have a couple cyclists here at work.  i'll fwd it to them.

the cad link seems broken.
there seems to be a growing demand for 'Cheap and free CAD'.  small businesses
and home use.  there is a bunch up in Atlanta that has a similar name, but they
used a different adjective.  :-)

--- Peter Eland <peter@> wrote:

> > Welcome aboard.
>
> Thanks phrostie. After such a gracious welcome I though I'd briefly
> de-lurk and say hi. I use CAD non-commercially for designing
> interesting bicycles, telescope parts etc for building in a home
> workshop mostly - see  http://www.eland.org.uk/  for more. I also run
> a 'Cheap and free CAD' page at
>
> http://www.eland.org.uk/pages/Misc/cadnotes.html
>
> which, while not Linux-specific, is relevent in parts and seems to
> get lots of hits :-). Needs an update soon...
>
> I currently run Varicad 7.2 on Mandrake 9.0 on an old P233 laptop -
> it runs at a pretty decent speed even on some quite complex
> assemblies. I've been holding off upgrading to a more recent version
> of VariCAD until they sort out 3D import/export and rendering. They
> do seem to have tackled some of this at least partially in the latest
> version 9 which they've just released for Windows (and they've just
> revamped their website too BTW). Let's hope the Linux version 9 isn't
> too far behind.
>
> The Varicad-linux mailing list seems more or less dead BTW - no
> traffic for months - which is why I joined up here. Looking forward
> to some interesting discussions - now back to lurking ;-)
>
> Cheers!
>
> Peter
>

> --
> Peter Eland
> Editor and Publisher, Velo Vision: http://www.velovision.co.uk/
> Editor, HPV News: http://www.ihpva.org/hpva
>
> Velo Vision magazine: Utne Independent Press Award nominee 2002
> --

=====
phrostie
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS
//www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux

http://mailplus.yahoo.com