[cad-linux] Re: Viewport

  • From: Thomas Schmidt <thomas.schmidt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:10:19 +0200

> Say I have a `viewport' command.  I start it this way:
>
>     $ ./viewport
>
> A window opens.  I go on typing in the shell:
>
>     item1 0 0  1 0  1 1  0 1  0 0

=2E..
To my understanding, this is more or less what you get with RenderMan.

But there is another thing I forgot yesterday. OpenCascade.
OC ships with a testing application. Its works exactly the way you descri=
bed.
When you start it from a shell, the graphic window opens. Then you
can enter you commands into the shell. Like: "line myline1 0 0 0 10 10 10=
".
The created entities appear in the graphic window.
You can create curves, surfaces, topology, and apply lots of algorithms t=
o the created entities.
The graphic window can be edited also. You can pan, zoom, ...