[cad-linux] Re: Viewport

  • From: phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:59:14 -0700 (PDT)

> Sorry, I must have explained myself real poorly. :-)

no, i need to read before i type.

> This replies to Thomas, too:
>
> Say I have a `viewport' command.  I start it this way:
>
>     $ ./viewport
>
> A window opens.  I go on typing in the shell:
>
>     item1 0 0  1 0  1 1  0 1  0 0
>
> A square appears in the window.  I type:
>
>     item2 0 0  10 0  5 5  0 0
>
> A triangle appears in the window.  I type:
>
>     item1 0 0  2 0  2 2  0 2  0 0
>
> The first square gets bigger.  And so on.
>
> Conceptually this is really trivial.  I implemented the bare bones in
> Ruby/Tk, but to go a little step forward and get the usual things one
> takes for granted like resizing of the area together with the window,
> zoom, 3d projection, pan and such, I'd have to do a lot of surface
> work that I'd really like to postpone in favour of work on the engine.

ToGL is an OpenGL widget for TK.  i know it is widely used with tcl and python,
but i'm not familiar with Ruby.  a quick google search did find
http://mirrors.sunsite.dk/ruby/contrib/togl.tar.gz

hope that helps

=====
phrostie
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS
//www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux

http://sbc.yahoo.com