[cad-linux] The Penguin as Engineer.<from comp.os.linux.announce>

  • From: keith frost <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 09:27:34 -0700 (PDT)

found this, i know we have a few developers on the
list and thought some might be interested.

for complete text:

http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&lr=&group=comp.os.linux.announce&selm=Pine.LNX.4.21.0205130024500.1524-100000%40localhost.localdomain

<snip>

THE PENGUIN AS ENGINEER: TAKING GNU/LINUX TO THE
PORTALS OF HIGHER EDUCATION

</snip>
<snip>

"(We hope to build) a distribution that's customised
for engineering students to help them take to Linux
and get going with all the applications that would
help them hone their skills on various technical
aspects part and parcel of their curriculum," says
Warren.

There has been a lot of debate over what software
would be best squeezed into the space available on the
CD. To be useful it would have to cater to a range of
students' interests.

</snip>

=====
phrostie
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS
//www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
http://launch.yahoo.com