[cad-linux] Re: SolidWorks interface

  • From: phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 03:24:02 -0500

i have not seen Solidworks in a few years, but i'm currently neck deep in
Catia V5.  it uses a single part format.
each part has it's own file.  to create an assy you combine the part files
into an product file.  productrs can contain multipule parts and other
products.

i think Solidworks is similar.  they called my house the otherday asking me if
i wanted a 30 trial.  i asked if they had a linux version yet.
:-)