[cad-linux] Re: Problems compiling drawingboard.cpp

  • From: phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 22:11:18 -0500

I think it's more of an opensource thing and not just linux.

early on i was actually looking into freebsd, the people that i knew  who ran
it had this "CAD DO" attitude that i liked and were not bothered when you
asked for help.  in the process of trying to find a set of CD's i ran into
Linux first(hastings/san marcos tx).  The linux croud was very much the same.
 Linux may not last forever(maybe a few decades or so), but open source is
definately here to stay(the next century).

there are a few that have let the recent success of linux goto their heads,
just ignore them.  those kind are in every croud.
:-)

I've been very impressed with cadopia, and some of the other icad venders as
well.  I've been pestering Surya for a couple years and have yet to be told
off once.  most cad companies do that on the first email, even if it is a
pollite one.

--
Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS,
//www.freelists.org/list/cad-linux