[cad-linux] Re: Open-source Parametric software for Architects

  • From: phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 16:35:43 -0400

the first thought that comes to mind for me is not to start from scratch.
sourceforge is filled with projects that tried to do just that and stalled
out.

there are many different libraries and projects that have been started that
might be used as a starting point.

I guess it all depends on what you want it to do.

i've always thought that OpenInventor/Coin3D looked really good for a place
to start.  every few months i go to their sites and try to figure it all out.
 then i get sidetracted with making a living and getting done all the things
that i've already promised i'd do.