[cad-linux] Re: Open-source Parametric software for Architect s

  • From: phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 20:53:38 -0400

> Unimportant compared to big firms maybe but there were quite a few small
> firms like us in the area.

not necessarily true.  I know of several large companies that have considered
CatiaV5 on NT.  Initially they were sold on the NT is so cheap sales pitch.
they were told "Oh it will run on your Windows PCs!".  then it changed to,
"Oh I'm sorry, you'll have to upgrade to NT$.0 of better.  and by the way
that hardware is just too old to do".  the cost just kept adding up to more
and more.  "Oh you want 3D solids too?, well that's extra"  Seems they and
most of the industry is sticking to V4/AIX for many years to come.

times are tight, everyone is trying to save money.

--
Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS,
//www.freelists.org/list/cad-linux