[cad-linux] Re: Open data formats - AutoDesk

  • From: "Brian Johnson" <bjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 08:48:29 -0400

So - what are the licensing restrictions and ownership of the DesignXML
format?

Is that really a potential cross-platform, multiple application, open
format? - or just for Autodesk business partners?

Hell of a good idea though - I was going to suggest something similar (after
my recent experience with openoffice).

The XML format seems to leave the access to data doors wide open (in a good
way)

sp?cid=1&articleId=15860