[cad-linux] [OT] modem problem

  • From: Janek Kozicki <janek_listy@xxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 02:59:20 +0200

> Things went blammo here after we had several days of rain. Once during
> the rain I was online then abruptly disconnected after what I'm guessing
> was a lightning strike somewhere. It seems like after that my connection

I suppose that phoneline got damaged. They are very vulnerable to
humidity. My friend had some problems of similar nature. Call some
techician to check your cable (impedance etc..). I bet he will locate a
part of the cable that needs to be replaced, ie, he will say: from here
to here the cable works good, but after this wall/place/whatever the
signal is weaker.

--
# Janek Kozicki