[cad-linux] Re: Newbie question: Any linux cad people out there ? - yup

  • From: <alvin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 09:37:20 -0800 (PST)

On 11 Jan 2003, Kim Lux wrote:

> Hi Ray.
>
> > Yes it would be nice to have the CAM (Computer Aided/Assisted Machining)
> > side of CAD/CAM look and act like the CAD side but IMHO there are
> > negitives at this stage of development.
>
> I agree with you, Ray. Now is not the time to start development of the
> CAM side, but it is time to start discussing it and planning for it.

i;m very interested in getting autocad to cnc formats for machine
shops to build parts from autocad drawings...
        ( we make our own custom 1U chassis - real world stuff
        ( and needs lots of custom itty bitty metal parts too

some of the cnc links i've seen ... and real/big $xx,000 machines
        http://www.Linux-CAE.net/CAD
        http://www.Linux-CAE.net/MachineShop/

thanx
alvin