[cad-linux] Kernel Cousin Wine #128 For 7/10/2002

  • From: keith frost <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 04:24:53 -0700 (PDT)

http://kt.zork.net/wine/wn20020710_128.html

5. Running AutoCAD R14
Topics: Patches, Fixes
7/04/2002 - 7/05/2002 (3 posts) Archive Link: "Re:
dlls/advapi32/registry.c patch for RegEnumValuesA"

While trying to get AutoCAD R14 to work Max found a
problem where it was trying to get a registry key
value, but just getting an error
and trying over and over again. Instead, along with
the error message, the correct buffer size was also
supposed to be returned so it could be
retrieved. After fixing it Max reported, " With this
patch, finally AutoCAD R14 is perfectly usable in
wine, even without a native
windows installed ! "

He also gave some pointers to getting it running:

1.Get latest wine from CVS (or wait for next release
!)

2.If registry patch isn't already there, get it here :

www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-patches/2002/07/att-0034/01-registry.patch.dif
and apply it to source
              code. If don't know how, mail me :)

3.Just setup autocad and run it, all things I've
tested runs perfectly, rendering and external apps
too.

4.Only thing I found not working is Help, I guess must
update winhelp in wine.

=====
phrostie
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS
//www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux

http://sbc.yahoo.com