[cad-linux] Re: Introduction/LinuxCAD

  • From: phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 09:08:48 -0700 (PDT)

--- Jon Norstog <jnorstog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Regarding LinuxCAD, I bought it about a year ago.  You "can" get a screen up
> with it and load the demo file that comes with the program.

when they first started claiming that it could read and write dwg they included
a sample dwg with it.  turns out that the file is not really a dwg.  its their
own format reanmed to dwg.

> The company
> assured me it would "handle" VCadd (.vcd) and shape (.shp) files.  I have
> yet to determine whether this claim is true, or whether there is a simple
> way to open .dwg or .dxf files.
>

> You can use the program to make simple line drawings and save them in the
> program's own file format.  I decided to continue using VCadd under Windows
> 2000 until i can get around to WINE-ing that program.
>
> jn

=====
phrostie
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS
//www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux

http://search.yahoo.com