[cad-linux] Re: Introduction/LinuxCAD

  • From: "Jon Norstog" <jnorstog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 09:35:27 -0600

Regarding LinuxCAD, I bought it about a year ago.  You "can" get a screen up
with it and load the demo file that comes with the program.  The company
assured me it would "handle" VCadd (.vcd) and shape (.shp) files.  I have
yet to determine whether this claim is true, or whether there is a simple
way to open .dwg or .dxf files.

You can use the program to make simple line drawings and save them in the
program's own file format.  I decided to continue using VCadd under Windows
2000 until i can get around to WINE-ing that program.

jn