[cad-linux] Re: Introduction

  • From: Maria Pinjanainen <mpinjana@xxxxxx>
  • To: "cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 19:45:25 +0300 (EEST)

On Wed, 7 May 2003, Carlos Vasconcellos wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>My name is Carlos from Brazil.
>I am new in the cad-linux list.
>Probably my doubts were answered here before or the answers are posted in any
>FAQ.
>but i need help to figure out which is the best free CAD to run on Linux.
>I've visited QCAD website, but it's current version is 2D.
>LinuxCAD is commercial.
>Which one do you use?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Carlos Vasconcellos

Hello,

I have not found any CAD what is "best". Answer debends what you want to do...
I have to say that take a look at commercial cads too. Varicad is good and
price is ok.
If you desing houses, think about Cycas.
About Opensource cads I'd like to say that they are coming... Now Varkon is
only Open with one you can really
work. (?) It is easy to make scraths, but programming is hard work. (if you
start from zero, like I do)
OK, this is what I have tried.

For 3D-modelling are some modellers what can give and read formats that cads
can use... :-)

--

        ^-^_mariahdus_^-^