[cad-linux] Re: Intellicad on Wine Status ???

  • From: keith frost <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 04:58:03 -0800 (PST)

Wine development has been making progress.
they're getting close to having the error with the new
installshield fixed.  see KernelCousin Wine
#106(&107).
i can post them to the list if there is interesnt.

Icad2000/Wine has been getting more and more stable.
TrueSpace5 for Icad will now run but is VERY buggy.
work on printing has been getting more priority.
currently it seems to work as long as Cups(required by
wine for printing) is not using one of the Gimp
filters.

Until the Installshield issue is completely fixed
there is no point trying to install any of the current
builds that are availible(ok, i have been anyway).
unless you are dual booting and can install under
windows.  i'm not so i can't.

Surya at cadopia has said that he will try to make the
next release a little more Wine friendly.  but keep in
mind that he can't make promisses on linux for the
moment.  It(Wine friendly version) should be out in
the very near future, so we'll have to try it when it
gets here.

between their efforts and the Wine developers progress
i hope to see Icad2001 running before the end of the
year.

I would like to have better news, but this is the
current status.

        Phrostie

--- DHoll28158@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I keep looking for news or comments about using
> Intellicad under Linux but
> never find anything. This is really disappointing.
> Not having a good cad
> package is a major roadblock that keeps me from
> converting entirely over to
> Linux.
>
> Is there any late news that I should be aware of.
>
> Regards
> Dan H.

Find a job, post your resume.
http://careers.yahoo.com