[cad-linux] Re: IntelliCAD for Linux

  • From: Robert Davis <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:38:08 -0600

Andy

Phrostie & I have had an ongoing dialog about getting v3.3 running on
Linux with WINE. I know he & I use Linux and would like to find out who
else is on it and how we can collaborate to made ICAD useable. Phrostie
has had a howto on: http://pfrostie.freeservers.com/cad-tastrafy/
for some time but until this week I've not had time to give WINE a shot.
My distro comes with wine preinstalled so I just took a stab at it and
suprise, it installed and launched! I have been sending Phrostie & Surya
my results and they asked that we start documenting what does and
doesn't work currently so we can hone in on how to make it 100%.

Surya has promised a Linux forum and will post the howto, etc. This is
vwery encouraging for us as it shows CADopia is getting serious about
supporting ICAD on Linux. Surya emailed me today:

There is more on the way for Linux...

Rob Davis (InsideOut)