[cad-linux] Re: GraphiteOne

  • From: Thomas Schmidt <thomas.schmidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:53:13 +0100

Hi,

I have never tried ProE, but I think that ProE is much more advanced and
provides much more functionality than GraphiteOne. On the other hand, it all
depends on what you need...
However, I worked with ProD. ProD was not that impressive. I hope for PTC that
ProE is better. One main difference between ProX and GraphiteOne is that
GraphiteOne is missing a constraint solver, read: no "parameteric" design.
And GraphiteOne is still new, not that mature.

Bye,
Thomas