[cad-linux] Fwd: [dgnlib] 3D solids now supported in DGNlib

  • From: phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 19:09:39 -0400

got this from another list.  i don't think anyone is doing anything dgn
related on this list, but it's out there if needed.

Subject: [dgnlib] 3D solids now supported in DGNlib
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 00:19:43 +0200
From: Marius Kintel <kintel @ sim . no>
To: dgnlib @ yahoogroups.com

Hi,

I just submitted a patch to DGNlib (it should be in CVS now) for
reading, creating and writing 3D solid elements of the following
types:
18 - 3D Surface Header
19 - 3D Solid Header
23 - Cone

Note that tesselation of the solids are not yet supported nor planned.
I have some information about how to interpret some of the solid
variants that I might structure and add to Frank's dgn.html when I
get around to doing it.

Summary of changes:

dgnlib.h
  Added support for Cone (23), 3D surface (18) and 3D solid
  (19) elements.
  Added functions DGNQuaternionToMatrix() and DGNCreateConeElem().
dgnhelp.cpp
  Added support for CONE and 3D solid/surface header.
  Implemented DGNQuaternionToMatrix function.
dgnread.cpp
  Added support for reading Cone (23), 3D surface (18) and 3D solid
  (19) elements.
  Added code to read transformation matrices for Cell headers.
dgnwrite.cpp
  Implemented DGNCreateConeElem(). Extended DGNCreateComplex*() to
  support 3D surface and 3D solid elements.

Have fun,

 ~/= Marius

--
We are Elektropeople for a better living.

Oh i've slipped the surly bonds of DOS
//www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux