[cad-linux] Fwd: Announcing BRL-CAD Release 6.0

  • From: phrostie <pfrostie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 16:47:14 -0500

for those who might be interested, BRL has come out with a new release.

Subject: Announcing BRL-CAD Release 6.0
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 15:27:58 -0500 (EST)
From: "Lee A. Butler" <butler@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ged1@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I am pleased to announce the availability of BRL-CAD Release 6.0. This
 release introduces some significant new capabilities.  Probably the most
 important of these changes is a new geometry file format.  This new format
 ushers in a host of features including:

        Unlimited length object names
        Machine-independent data storage
        Object attributes to store keyword-tagged data about objects.
        Opaque binary objects for transporting arbitrary binary data within
                the database.

For users who do not need any of the new features, MGED has the ability to
edit geometry in the previous format as well.  This allows users to upgrade
at their own pace, as project schedules allow.

We have a new and updated manual for learning how to build geometry with
 MGED. In addition to the tutorial material there is a complete command and
 primitive reference.

Users looking to convert geometry will appreciate the updated FASTGEN4 and
Pro/Engineer utilities.

MacOS X users will be pleased to learn that BRL-CAD is now available for
this platform.

For an extensive listing of the new features in release 6.0 see:
        http://ftp.arl.army.mil/brlcad/downloads/Current/releasenotes.html

The package is is available via HTTP from:
        http://ftp.arl.army.mil/brlcad/downloads/Current/

Due to organizational restrictions, we can no longer offer access via
Anonymous-FTP.  Users will need to download using a web browser.

As this is a major release, the decryption keys have changed.  Users will
 need to submit a new license agreement and recieve new keys to decrypt the
 package.

Lee A. Butler                                   E-Mail: butler@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Attn: AMSRL-SL-BE                               Phone: (410) 278-9200
U.S. Army Research Laboratory                   DSN:         298-9200
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD  21005-5068         FAX:   (410) 278-5058

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS,
//www.freelists.org/list/cad-linux