[cad-linux] Re: FreeCad

  • From: Dan Falck <dfalck@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 12:26:10 -0800

There are several projects called "FreeCad".  There is at least one on
sourceforge and there is the one programmed in smalltalk by a person who
goes by the name of "askoh". I have been confused by this in the past.

It appears that the Opencascade libraries are starting to be used a lot.
Tomcad, FreeCad (sourceforge), Freeengineer, and LignumCad are some that
  use opencascade. I like the idea of using an existing group of code to
accelerate developement of a CAD program. I am not a programmer, but
kind of watch these things.

Dan