[cad-linux] Re: Design methodology for an open geometric data management standard

  • From: Eric Wilhelm <ewilhelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 13:39:37 -0500

> The following was supposedly scribed by
> Lee Harding
> on Monday 08 September 2003 11:07 am:

>Oh my.  Are you really suggesting that a model of program (and user)
>interaction developed for tty terminals be extended into the world of
>hardware-accelerated, feature-based, parametric and variational solid
>modeling?

No, I'm suggesting that the design methodology which created that model of
program interaction be applied to creating a universal language for
communication between these systems.  I don't expect for a second that
parametric and variational solid modelers are going  to be able to
communicate via text streams flowing down a |.

--Eric