[cad-linux] Call for help - Linux drawing view program

  • From: AJBIBB@xxxxxxx
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 19:06:07 EDT

To all of you out there that prefer flightless birds to transparent moisture=
=20
barriers, have I got a proposition for you. At the following site:=20
http://sourceforge.net/ you can link into a project I have been working on=20
since last fall for a Linux drawing program. Right now it can open , view,=20
zoom , pan and save ACAD DWG and DXF files. Additionally I have options to=20
save as BMP or XPM files. This is all open source (GNU public license). The=20
project name is called =E2=80=9Clx-viewer=E2=80=9D. Right now it is a viewer=
 only program,=20
but with some help perhaps we can get it into drawing editing also.
I should mention that you need QT version 2.3 to compile. You should also be=
=20
a member of the OpenDWG alliance (membership is free) so that you have the=20
right to link the OpenDWG libraries to my program.=20

This is a call for help. Even if you can=E2=80=99t program (and I can=E2=80=
=99t blame you if=20
you don=E2=80=99t want to tackle C++, it has been a bit much starting from g=
round=20
zero) there are things for everyone. We need what seems like millions of bit=
=20
maps created for tool bars and buttons, plus help and manual writing and=20
debugging. Anyone want to sign on please head on over to source forge and=20
sign in.

Andy=20