[cad-linux] Re: Bricscad Linux native (was: Re: LinuxCAD Installation Problems)

  • From: "Emiel van Rossum" <emielvenlo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 16:49:07 +0100

Hi Thomas,

I dont know how it is with debian but on ubuntu it works with a few tricks.
And i think it would be possible to install it on a debian box.

The native version was first mentioned on the bricscad forum (wich can only
be accesed by bricscad owners) I have e-mailed with the project leader of
bricscad 8, he told me bricscad 8 was a big redesign of bricscad wich wil be
multiplatform (Windows/Linux). Sow Bricscad 8 will support linux native. In
March/april I will visit the bricscad developers in belgium to interview
thema bout the native linux version of Bricscad 8. This interview wil apear
on the cad4linux.nl website. When i have the interview ready on the website
i will make an announcement on this mailinglist.

Greets Emiel

Hi,

I tried several times the bricscad linux demo version with wine without
success on my debian box.

http://international.cad4linux.nl/cms/e107_plugins/content/content.php?cont
>ent.6you will find a review. There will be a native Bricscad version at the
> end of 2007, this version would be similair to the version they make for
> microsoft windows. I am looking forward to the native bricscad, because
> Bricscad has everything i am looking for in a cad program.

For the first time I read now, that a native linux version is planned. From
where do you have this information? Is there an announcement from bricscad?
found nothing on googling.

Regards

Thomas